We suggest that all interested students begin the application process for the College Experience program one year prior to their desired start date to allow time for processing applications, funding, transcripts, tours, visits and interviews.
- Review our Minimum Admission Requirements to make sure you qualify for The College Experience
- Contact our admissions team by filling out our information form. We can answer any questions you have and schedule a visit of our facilities.
- Complete and submit your application. If OPWDD Medicaid Waiver enrolled, please also submit your Medicaid Waiver. If you are an out of state resident or do not qualify for the NYS Medicaid waiver and SSI, The College Experience is available as a tuition-based option. Contact us for details.
- Write and submit your One Page Essay.
- Have two individuals that are familiar with your abilities complete the Recommendation Form. These individuals could be teachers, job coaches, job supervisors, day habilitation specialists.
- Have your parent/guardian complete the Assessment of Daily Living Skills Form.
- Have the following documents mailed to the address below:
Please ask your High School to mail the following:
High School Transcript
Individualized Education Plan (IEP)
Psychological Evaluation (Most Recent)
Please mail the following yourself (only needed if applying as Medicaid waiver student):
- Individualized Service Plan (ISP)
- Letter of Determination of Eligibility for OPWDD Services
- Notice of Decision Letter to show that you are Medicaid Waiver enrolled
- SSI Benefit Letter
- Once your application and supporting documents are reviewed, qualified students will be contacted to schedule an overnight visit. Students who complete a successful overnight will be asked to come in for an interview. Students and their families will be interviewed separately at our office. After review by our admissions committee, students who are recommended for admission will have a final interview at The College of Saint Rose for final selection.
Our Mailing Address
The College Experience Program
Attn: Colleen Dergosits
Living Resources Corporation
300 Washington Ave. Extension
Albany, NY 12203