We suggest that all interested students begin the application process for the College Experience program one year prior to their desired start date to allow time for processing applications, funding, transcripts, overnight trials and interviews.
- Review our Minimum Admission Requirements to make sure you qualify for The College Experience
- Contact our admissions team by filling out our information form. We can answer any questions you have and attend one of our open houses.
- Complete and submit your application. If OPWDD Medicaid Waiver enrolled, please submit our waiver application. If you are an out of state resident or do not qualify for the NYS Medicaid waiver and SSI, please use our tuition-based application. Learn more about our tuition-based option.
- Write and submit your One Page Essay.
- Have two individuals that are familiar with your abilities complete the Recommendation Form. These individuals could be teachers, job coaches, job supervisors, day habilitation specialists.
- Have your parent/guardian complete the Assessment of Daily Living Skills Form.
- Have the following documents mailed to the address below:
Please ask your High School to mail the following:
High School Transcript
Individualized Education Plan (IEP)
Psychological Evaluation (Most Recent)
Please mail the following yourself (only needed if applying as Medicaid waiver student):
- Individualized Service Plan (ISP)
- Letter of Determination of Eligibility for OPWDD Services
- Notice of Decision Letter to show that you are Medicaid Waiver enrolled
- SSI Benefit Letter
Once your application and supporting documents are reviewed, qualified students will be contacted to schedule an interview. Students who complete a successful interview will have their family interviewed at a later date.*The College Experience prior to COVID would host overnight trials before the interview process. Until further notice, all overnight trials have been suspended.
Our Mailing Address
The College Experience Program
Attn: Colleen Dergosits
Living Resources Corporation
300 Washington Ave. Extension
Albany, NY 12203