Whether you are applying to The College Experience for 2023 or 2024, you should get started as soon as possible to make sure you have time to complete your application, secure funding, get your transcripts in, and schedule an overnight trial and interview.
Ready? Let’s take this one step at a time
STEP 1: Review our Minimum Admission Requirements to make sure you qualify for The College Experience
STEP 3: Complete and submit your application. For all private pay and out of state students, please submit our Private Pay Application. For students who are residents of New York State and looking to apply using the OPWDD Medicaid Waiver and SSI funding, please submit a Waiver Application.
STEP 4: Write and submit your One Page Essay.
STEP 5: Have two individuals that are familiar with your abilities complete the Recommendation Form. These individuals could be teachers, job coaches, job supervisors, day habilitation specialists.
STEP 6: Have your parent/guardian complete the Assessment of Daily Living Skills Form.
STEP 7: Have the following documents mailed to the address below or emailed:
- Please ask your High School to mail or email the following:
- High School Transcript
- Individualized Education Plan (IEP)
- Psychological Evaluation (Most Recent)
- If applying as Medicaid waiver student, please have yoursef or your Care Coordinator mail or email the following:
- Life Plan
- Letter of Determination of Eligibility for OPWDD Services
- Notice of Decision Letter to show that you are Medicaid Waiver enrolled
- SSI Benefit Award Letter
Once your application and supporting documents are reviewed, qualified students will be contacted to complete the next step in the admissions process.
Our Mailing Address
The College Experience
Attn: Kristin McInerney
Living Resources Corporation
300 Washington Ave. Extension
Albany, NY 12203