Students who wish to apply to The College Experience must meet these minimum requirements.
- Commitment to live independently with minimal support.
- Ability to be at home without supervision.
- Some experience of being independent in the community.
- Motivated to integrate by participating in a variety of social and educational activities sponsored by The College of Saint Rose and organized by the College Experience Community Coordinator.
- Ability to independently complete all daily living tasks.
- Examples: Waking up, hygiene, dressing, chores, etc…
- Motivated to learn and participate in discussions and conversations with instructors and students.
- Motivated to independently complete in-class assignments and homework.
- Ability to get along with others, follow house and school rules, accept supervision and does not require behavioral support.
- Ability to use a calculator to do basic math.
- Ability to read at a minimum of a third grade level.
- Ability to type a document on Microsoft Word, experience using search engines (Google)
If applying with Medicaid funding, enrollment in OPWDD Medicaid Waiver and Social Security Income is required.
Admission to The College Experience Program is competitive.
Candidates for admissions will be asked to participate in an interview and may be required to provide “on-demand” writing and reading samples.
Acceptance into the program requires the recommendation for acceptance by Living Resources to The College of Saint Rose.
Final acceptance into the program is determined by The College of Saint Rose.