Students with an intellectual disability are eligible to apply. All applicants must be enrolled in the NYS Office of People with Developmental Disabilities (OPWDD) waiver and receive SSI. Applicants can apply to the program prior to acceptance in the OPWDD waiver and or SSI benefits, however, if the applicant is accepted into the program, both the waiver and SSI must be obtained before being accepted into the program.
If you are a resident of NYS, contact your local NYS OPWDD Department of Developmental Services Office to learn how to apply for Medicaid services.
Students are required to submit the following documentation along with the application and a one-page essay. Your care coordinator will be able to help you submit some of the required documentation.
- Copy of SSI award letter
- Most recent Individual Service Plan (ISP) (created by Care Coordinator)
- Letter of Determination of Eligibility for OPWDD services
- Notice of Decision letter to show you are Medicaid Waiver Enrolled
- DDP2 (created by Care Coordinator)
- Psychological Evaluation (most recent)
- High-school transcripts
- Individualized Education Plan (IEP)
- Two Recommendation Forms filled out by non-family members
- Parent/Guardian Assessment of Daily Living Skills Form
Call Kristin McInerney at 518-218-0000 ext. 5304 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about the program.
Please download, fill out and return your completed waiver by mail (see below) or scan and email your completed waiver to Kristin McInerney at email@example.com.
The College Experience
Attn: Kristin McInerney
Living Resources Corporation
300 Washington Ave. Extension
Albany, NY 12203