The College Experience Summer Exchange is a week-long program held at The College of Saint Rose in Albany, NY. The Summer Exchange is designed for high school students with disabilities who desire independent living and competitive employment in the future. At the Summer Exchange, students will experience a taste of college and what the future has to offer!
When: Monday, July 15th – Saturday, July 20th / Cost: $1,500*
*All meals included & individual bedroom in a 2- or 4- bedroom suite, part of a newer dorm owned by the College of Saint Rose.
What Can Students Expect?
- Learn public transportation skills traveling the city of Albany using the CDTA busses
- Cooking classes that will assist with the development a weekly menu for dinners, that students will then shop and prepare together
- Fitness classes — swimming, outdoor sports, Zumba and more!
- Utilize campus dining halls for breakfast, lunch, and dinner and navigate the campus for classes.
- Meet, learn and socialize with a diverse group of students, both Summer Exchange and currently enrolled College Experience Students.
- Experience dorm life with each student receiving his/her own bedroom fully furnished, on-campus dorm
- Practice real-life finance and budgeting skills over the course of the stay
- Evening and weekend outings in the Capital Region
- Semi-formal at the end of the program to celebrate, dancing the night away with current College Experience Students and Alumni.
Eligible students must be between the ages of 16-21, independent with all ADL’s and emotionally stable.
Spots are limited. Applications are due by June 14th.
- Download and complete the Application.
- With your parent/guardian, download and complete the Student & Parent Questionnaire.
- Please submit the following documents:
- Completed Application
- Student & Parent Questionnaire
- Current High School or Most Recent Individualized Education Plan (IEP)
- Most Recent Psychological Testing
- Seizure Protocol, If Applicable
To submit your application and supporting documents, print and then either fax (518-862-2175), mail or scan & email to Colleen Dergosits.
Our Mailing Address
The College Experience Program
Attn: Colleen Dergosits
Living Resources Corporation
300 Washington Ave. Extension
Albany, NY 12203