- This event has passed.
Mark Gamsiager and the Lustre Kings
October 7, 2022 @ 7:00 pm - 11:00 pm
Albany 1st Friday Swing Dance: Mark Gamsjager & The Lustre Kings
Location: Albany Elks Lodge #49, 25 S Allen St, Albany, United States
* 7-8pm – Free Swing Lesson by pro Jason Fenton. No partner needed.
* 8-11pm – Dance to Mark Gamsjager and the Lustre Kings
Cost: $20 General, $15 Student,
“The Lustre Kings will introduce you to doo-wop and wild rock’n’roll, and then bring you back to rockabilly.” Their music is a travelogue of great American rock and roll, with tunes from legends like Gene Vincent and Ronnie Self, as well as from Commander Cody’s Billy C. Farlow and the Los Straitjackets’ guitar strangler, Eddie Angel. “While most bands seem to be content with just recreating the sound of classic records from years ago, the Lustre Kings have captured the spirit of that era, tapping into what made those records and artists so great in the first place.”
Check out: http://www.lustrekings.com/
Full Covid vaccinations plus at least one booster are required, so please plan ahead. At this time, the policy is to also require N95 or KN95 masks (we will have a limited supply).. Please see and follow the full Covid policy below.
Spacious, attractive A/C hall (plus 2 large fans) with large wooden dance floor.
Volunteers: please contact me if you’d be interested in being on the Albany 1st Friday Swing Dance committee and helping with the dance.
Sponsored by the Dance Flurry Organization (DFO) www.danceflurry.org
* We strongly encourage pre-registration of your Covid vaccination and booster status in this system. Please register using this link: https://tinyurl.com/2p96hera
* We require proof of Covid vaccinations – you must have had at least one booster. Please upload a photo of your vaccination card when pre-registering. If photo upload is not possible, please complete the other requested information in the system and then show your vaccination card at the door.
* For those not pre-registered, you may register at the door by presenting your vaccination card, but it’s best to pre-register to avoid delays (especially to not miss the lesson).
* Please get new Covid boosters as they become available. At some future date, they will need to be added to the system.
* All dancers must wear high-quality masks in the building during the dance event. Please bring your own N95, KN95, or equivalent. We will have a limited number of N95s for those who need them.
* Please follow social distancing except when actually dancing with another. Be respectful if a person declines to dance, as some may desire to limit who they dance with for health or personal reasons.
* Bring your own snacks and water bottles. There will be a water jug for refills, plus there will be cups.
* Please stay home if you have cold-like symptoms or a fever, even if you think it’s “just allergies.” We look forward to seeing you once you feel better!
* If in the last 2 weeks, you traveled out of the area or attended an event with many people or unvaccinated people (e.g., party, indoor dining or bar, wedding, wake or funeral, airplane, etc.), please take a Covid rapid test the day of the event with a negative result.
* We strongly recommend that everyone take a Covid rapid test before leaving home the day of the event. We are grateful for your diligence around communal health!
* Attendees should recognize that regardless of precautions taken by the organizers, and other attendees, there will always be a risk of Covid exposure.
* Please email us immediately in the event that you develop symptoms or have a positive Covid test within 5 days after the event. firstname.lastname@example.org
* If there are any changes to this policy, they will be posted at the event.